I had big plans to get rid of Brinlee's na na (bottle, I don't know why she calls it that but she does) right after her first birthday but a day or two after she broke out in horrible cold sores and the last thing I wanted to do was take it away while she was so sick. Then after she finally recovered from that it went from getting a new tooth, to a cold, getting a new tooth, and getting a cold. And I personally didn't want anymore grumpiness on top of it. Then the past few weeks I have been trying to get up the motivation to do it. I felt crazy because deep down I didn't want her to give them up. They were the last thing keeping her a baby and I felt like giving them up would mean that I would have to finally accept that she is a little girl now. (I don't even know how I am going to handle my youngest growing up if I had such a hard time with my first :)) But on Wednesday I went to do some work for my sister and left Brinlee with Dave. When I got home, there she was drinking her sippy with milk getting ready for a nap. He had done it for me. I am so grateful that he did. She is doing great with them. She throws a little fit sometimes about it, but we haven't gave into it yet so I think officially the bottles are gone.
火狐体育入口(中国)有限公司-拉科布暗示库汤追恐难终老勇士:交易球员早一年总比晚一年好
3 years ago



6 comments:
Yea! Congrats! I'm not looking forward to that day! Cory always makes fun of me cause I get sad when I realize she's growing. Don't worry, I feel your pain!
Every time I read your blog I am amazed at what a wonderful mom you are. I can tell how much you love Brinlee. She is very lucky to have you!
Oh, and don't worry about the deleted comment. That was me, I accidentally was logged in under my dad's account. Weird, I know.
Yay! What a big day for you and Brinlee! And what a good husband you have for doing the hard part for you! As much as you want to give in, don't! The second time around will be even worse. Stick with it and you'll all be happier! Congrats on no bottles!!!
I never thought I would get sad when I saw kelsie getting bigger but i put her in her pj's today that used to be loose on her and now they are tight and i was totally blown away. I wanted her to shrink back into them! You are a great mom and little Brinlee will see that and be one too!
Good Job! I am right there with you, Jude only has a bottle right before bed...but I need to get rid of it, but totally agree it keeps him a baby for some reason!! We need to get together next time I am in town, it's been too long, I think they two will have so much fun together! Love you!!
Post a Comment