Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busting at the seems

Today I seem to be busting at the seems with happiness and gratitude and thought it would be appropriate to share my feelings with my loved ones since I am sure I don't tell them enough. The past few months have been hard for different reasons and I am starting to feel the sunshine come through the clouds.
First I am very thankful for my family and their love and understanding with us. I am so thankful for having such a close family. I am also thankful for all there advice and help.
Next I want Ashlee to know how grateful I am for her. I have been so lucky to have her as a room mate my whole life, but especially the past 4 years and I am really going to miss her when she gets married. I know that it probably hasn't been always the funnest living with us but she is such a great friend to me and such a great help especially with Brinlee. I am going to miss her so much.
Next I would like to thank Dave for being my husband. I honestly don't think I could be married to a better man. He is so determined and such a hard worker and takes such good care of us. He never gets mad at me (which I am sure is sometimes hard) and even if I am mad at him he always seems to fix it even if it isn't his fault. He is so much fun to be around. He is a great father and Brinlee adores him. I am so grateful for all he sacrifices to be a good dad and husband.


I am so grateful for Brinlee. She is such a sweet, loving baby. I am so grateful that I can be a stay at home mom and spend the days with her. She is learning so much and she always cracks me up with the noises she makes. I can't image my life with out her. She has taught me so much about myself in the last 5 months . I hope that I can love her and teach her as much as my mom did me.
And finally I am so thankful to be a member of the church. I don't know why it is so hard for me to learn the lesson that the church is always there for you no matter what the trial is. It seems I always try to carry the burden myself until I just can't anymore. And then I realize that I don't need to do it myself. We had the opportunity to attend the Draper Temple Dedication and be in the room with the Prophet. As I sat and listened him speak, it made me put everything back into perspective and to look at the big picture and what this life really means.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Thank you for sharing that! I always admire the relationship you have with Ashlee! It is something I wish I had with my sister! It's sometimes really hard to see the sunshine behind the clouds, but I am glad that you are! I love that picture of Brinlee...what a grin! What an experience that must have been to be in the same room as the Prophet! Again thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

What a sweet post!

AshleeBashlee said...

CUTE! I love you!

Coco said...

I love you, too.

Jenn and Jared said...

Can I just tell you how fun it is to see your family pictures and see and the love and how you have grown as a family. Some of the best memories I have of Grandpa and Grandma Christiansen are tied around them and your family. Thank you for helping me see the good and sweet in life even though it keeps snowing.