Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I am back!!!

We finally got a new computer!!! I can finally blog again! So prepare for a bunch of random posts of the last 6 months :) But I thought I would start off with an update on Hadlee.

About 2 weeks ago we went in for a follow up for her neurologist. Back in January we had scheduled some major tests to be done to find out exactly how bad the nerve damage was in her neck and arm but because we didn't currently have health insurance we scheduled them for April. We met with her a week before to check and see if she had made progress enough to cancel the tests. I was almost sure we would still have to go through with them because that is kinda our luck so I was totally shocked when she canceled them and told us she saw no reason why she would even need to see her again her arm was doing that well! It was so exciting! I am so impressed with how far she has come in her 7 months of being here. However it doesn't mean we are totally done with Erb's palsy. She will probably have to go to physical therapy monthly for the first few years of her life and she may never be able to full extend her arm above her head or grasp as well with her left hand, but considering what it could have been, we definitely can handle that.
Another side effect from the Erb's is she kinda held her to one side causing a major flat spot. We have been going to physical therapy for that too and her neck is pretty much better but the flat spot is still there. So Hadlee gets to wear a helmet for the next 3 months. I had a hard time with the idea at first and I think mainly it was because her therapist kinda made me feel like it was my fault. But now that i realize lots of kids have to wear them I feel better.


here she looking all cute in it.
I think she looks like a gum ball :)


Of course Brinlee wanted one too

0 comments: