Thursday, March 1, 2012

Resolutions

I read in a magazine last year I read to do a resolution each month instead of a bunch for the year so you can really spend the time to achieve them. I thought this sounded like a great idea since I always have goals that I want to accomplish and get overwhelmed by the process. I figured this sound just right for me. I spent the next few days righting down things I wanted to try and things I wanted to accomplish and assigned each a month.

January was to attempt to make rolls. I absolutely love bread :) and nothing is better than a good homemade roll. I have an Aunt who is famous for her rolls and always hoped one day I could make them as well as she does. So January I attempted making rolls. I tried twice and they turned out OK, still have a few kinks to sort out but at least I tried :)

February (don't judge me to harshly) I have never actually read the whole Book of Mormon. I have always wanted to, I have always started and started again. Dave and I have been reading the past 2 years but never really set a date to finish and had good months and bad months so I decided to set a strict deadline to finish and last night we did! True since we had the flu this week the past 2 nights we had to read 20 pages a night to finish but we did it! I was so proud. I took me 28 years to finally do it but I did. My November goal is to finish it again this year

My March goal is to make a dress that my Mom had bought the pattern and material to make me before she passed away. Wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Beth said...

That is awesome. I love that idea. You'll have to post after you finish the dress so I can see it.