I need some advice. Brinlee really isn't on a schedule. I really can't complain because she sleeps great through the night and goes to sleep around the same time every night. But during the day it is always changing and I seem to never get anything done. (I know that I am a new mom and not supposed to have time to do everything that I used to, but I just mean like taking a shower) I am also afraid if I don't start one now that she never will be on one. I was just wondering what other peoples opinions were, what worked for them, and if they have any ideas on how I can start. Thanks for your help!
火狐体育入口(中国)有限公司-拉科布暗示库汤追恐难终老勇士:交易球员早一年总比晚一年好
3 years ago



8 comments:
Taelee was like that for a little while too. It drove me crazy because I like structure. So I started writing down when I was doing everything with her throughout the day. I wrote down wake time, feed time, play time, and sleep time. I did it for a couple of days. Then I created her schedule from that which she already did. The key adjusting the times to work for me, and then to stick to the same thing every day, and pretty soon it was the same just about every day. She realized that and was even happier. I'm sure you have heard of it, but I swear by it..."Baby Wise"! It's a lot to do with night sleep, but it helped a lot with a day time routine too! I hope you can shower soon! :) Good Luck! I told Ashlee I may come by next Friday to see you and Brinlee if that's ok?! You've got a beauty baby!!!
I have 0 advice for you.
Just wanted to tell you that is one gorgeous baby. :]
I hear ya, Its rough huh? I am waiting for my babywise book in the mail. Life is so different with a baby, I absolutely love it though. dont you? I have git to come see you guys.
I am not officially a mother but I was searching the internet for something that may help.
Check these out...
http://littlechildren.wordpress.com/2007/10/12/how-to-establish-a-baby-schedule/
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-maintain-a-baby-schedule.htm
I liked this next one the best.
http://www.adviceforbaby.com/topicApril.htm
Good luck!
Look at your cute blog. And your gorgeous baby. Congrats! She is so adorable! It's so fun to see what you're up to. Come visit us at mattandquela.blogspot.com
As for scheduling advise, I think it's still to early to worry. Roxy had a mind of her own when she was that young and would just sleep when she wanted to sleep. I just kinda learned to get my to do list done while she was sleeping. She slept through the night at 2 months, but didn't get on a set nap schedule till about 5 or 6. I did try to have her sleep at certain times when she was younger, but it didn't always work. Just keep trying. The first months are the hardest. Good Luck.
Hey Megan! Brinlee is so cute! I would just say that once you get a schedule it won't be absolutely perfect, just warning you. Once we were able to get Mason on a schedule he would be on it for about a month and then grow out of it so we would have to adjust. It's not hard to adjust but I'm just letting you know that sometimes you have to go with their flow too. Good luck and I miss you!
Hi meg! I hope you don't mind I looked at your blog thanks to Beth! It is so cute and oh my gosh your little girl is so adorable! Well I'd love to give you some advice. When you need to take a shower, its ok to let her cry. my doctor said its actually good to let them cry, cause then they won't get so attatched, and never let you put them down. My doc said put your Ipod on for like 10-15 mins do something, then pick them up. She'll eventually learn how to soothe, and calm herself. I was telling Beth we need to get the old gang together.
Hey meg!! Look how beautiful your baby is! Once it gets a little warmer Jude and I will come and visit you two! All of my sisters are sleep natzis with their children, they swear by this book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by doctor Weissbluth. Anyway you should look him up but it sounds like Brinlee is right on schedule, at her age she should start sleeping through the night and developing her morning nap around 9 or 10...and not staying up for more then two hours at a time. that afternoon nap will come later, maybe just try focusing getting that morning nap down, and the rest will follow later. One thing that i read that i already do with Jude is when he is over tired i put him in the swing and he falls asleep (most of the time) other then holding, rocking, or trying to calm him down, this works because when the baby is with you they try everything to stay awake to be with you...does this make since at all. I will have to show you this book...it's awesome! anyway sorry so long! love you, Bekah
Post a Comment