Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Mom


Today is the 4 year mark of my Mom's death. I can't believe that it has been 4 years. There honestly hasn't been a day that has past that I haven't thought of her. Whether it be something that reminds me of her or a funny moment I know she would laugh at or a piece of juicy gossip that I would normally share with her. She is constantly in my thoughts. This past year of being a Mom has made me miss her so much. Everyday I have a question that I want to ask my Mom about being a mom. It has made this year extra hard for me because I feel like I didn't take the time to pay attention to the sweet things she did for us to make our lives extra special. So over the past few weeks I have decided to stop feeling bad about what I didn't take the time to learn and learn them now so I can be the mom my Mom was. We never ever had a store bought Halloween costume (not that they are bad, it was just something that she did for us) so it has always been one of my dreams to make my kids costumes. So this year I decided to make Brinlee's, even though I have only sewed 3 things in my whole life. I will post pictures when it is finished.:) I have also decided to try a new craft or recipe every month that I have wanted to try but felt like I needed her help with. I am sure they will be interesting at first :) but hopefully one day I can be a mom like my Mom was.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, you are a wonderful mom, and your mom is so proud of you!
Bekah

Beth said...

I love you too! And I loved your mom! That is certainly the biggest kick in the pants when you want to ask them something or share something with them and you can't! I hate it. You've got some good goals and it's made me want to make similiar ones of my own.

Michelle said...

Meg you remind me so much of your mom! I miss her too!! And you are such a great mom!