I saw a version of this in the Pottery Barn catalog last year and really wanted to make it. And since it is the Christmas of projects and my house this year I thought I would throw another one in :) But actually it was really easy and fun to make. I have always like the candy advent calendars so I made sure to do some every other day. But here are a few of the activities that were in there.

We made some sugar cookies. It has gotten to be so much fun and so much easier to do things like this with Brinlee this year. She loves it and does a good job following directions.
I love this picture of us in our aprons. I made hers for her birthday and my Mom made mine for my Grandma. She let me have it because it is really long and didn't fit her.


Then we made reindeer antlers. She is obsessed with me tracing her hands now. As a matter of fact on Sunday at church she laid her head on the paper because she wanted my to trace it :)

Then we went on the Christmas Cruise on the Provo River. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to do it because I had bought the tickets before hand because I got them on sale and then things kept coming up and weather was bad, but finally last night Dave took the evening off so we could go. It wasn't as cool as I was hoping and we did have to wait outside for 45 mins but Brinlee loved it. Today she kept saying "Boat, Santa, Lights". The picture of the lights didn't turn out very well but you can kind of see what it was like :)


Some others things that we did was play in the snow, sing Christmas songs, drive and look and the lights art Christmas Utah, read a Christmas book, watch Elmo Saves Christmas, and made a snow man out of cotton balls.
2 comments:
Super cute!! I may have to steal some of you ideas for next year!
You are such a fun mom!
Post a Comment