Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

We had a fun Easter weekend. First it started with coloring eggs at Grandma Smith's house. This was the first year that Brinlee did it. It was a little stressful for all the parents but the kids had a great time. We did ruin a pair of pants but oh well :)

Even Grandma and Kyra got in on some decorating with stickers

The next day we headed out to Hurricane for the annual Easter picnic. The weather was so nice. I had almost forgot what the sun felt like :)

Brinlee trying to eat her Dad's food :)
You may wonder how you end up with a cute a face like this?
This would be how :) She loved every minute of it. She kept saying that she was at the beach.
Hunting for some eggies as she calls them

Brinlee is pretty lucky that she gets to go on 3 egg hunts every year and the Easter bunny comes twice, once at the picnic and once that night.
We decided to get a hotel room in Cedar because Brinlee doesn't sleep well if at all on vacations, and me being the frugal person I am decided on getting the cheapest one we could find. It was a little like camping :( it was so yucky, but at least I saved money :), but I will never stay there again. Because it was so gross it made it hard for the Easter bunny to hide many eggs.

She got lots art supplies

Here she is in her Easter dress
Driving home. Her headphones weren't even plugged in but she insisted on wearing them :)
Then we headed straight to Grandma and Grandpa Boyd s for dinner and the final hunt.


2 comments:

Beth said...

Try priceline or hotwire next time. Priceline you bid on a room and hotwire you pick a price from their list. I just did priceline and got the marriot in st. G for 50 bucks! Worth it for sure. Easter looks like a blast!

Melissa Smith said...

I can't believe how dirty Brinlee got!!! That is hilarious! I can't wait to see her at Bear Lake one of these years. Love you.