Monday, May 2, 2011

It is about time..

I would have blogged about this sooner but if there is one lesson I have learned in life it is not to count your eggs before they hatch but since today is his first day I figure it is safe now :)

Dave got a promotion!!!!

We found out, I think, at the end of March he got it but they have changed a lot of things around in the company since then and we didn't know till 2 weeks ago when and where he was going. He is back at West Jordan, where he originally started working at the front desk. He is now the official Fitness Manager. He wont train as much and he is in charge of all the other trainers, and the best part is he can't work over 40 hours!!!! You don't know how long we have waited for this. Dave has pretty much worked 2 jobs since we have been married and has for sure since we had Brinlee so I could stay at home with her. I am very lucky :) I know. He switched to 1 job just over a year ago but because it was straight commission he had to work 65 hours a week. I don't even know what I am going to do having him home an extra 25 hours :) We are very excited.

But the best part of the story is kinda a long story so bear with me...
Back when Dave was working as a mechanic, he decided he wasn't happy and wanted to change jobs. After a lot of praying we knew that he would do well and love being a personal trainer. But since we couldn't just jump right into it he got a second job at 24 hours working the front desk. While he worked he got certified to become a personal trainer and we were hoping that he could do that part time till he had his business built up and we could switch completely. But after all that hard work the Fitness Manager at the time told Dave he didn't think he would be a good trainer and would not allow him to train just part part time. So we had no idea what we were going to do. But Dave had heard from some people that there was a job opening at Taylorsville for an assistant fitness manager and the manager there (who Dave had never met) wanted Dave to take it. I kept telling Dave just to go talk to him about it, but he was to nervous to go ask someone he never met about a job. After a few weeks that manager approached Dave about the job and Dave accepted it. This was a first for the company to hire a front desk person and put them in a manager spot without ever training a single person. Dave did great :) and with in a few months his club was one of the only clubs hitting their goals. Everyone starting to come to Dave for advice. Even the regional manager has flown in a few times to met Dave. So after a year of doing so well a promotion was presented. And guess whose job Dave is taking?? That first Fitness Manager that wouldn't give Dave the chance :) I know it might not be nice of me to happy about that, but I just can't image what we would have done if Brad (Dave's old boss) wouldn't have given him a chance. Everyday I am so grateful he took a chance on a mechanic/front desk person so we can finally be where we want to be in life.
Congrats Dave I am so proud!!!

4 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Wow that's so awesome!!! And don't worry...you're not that mean to be happy about Dave taking that guy's job! I totally would be too! It's an "in your face" moment! :) Way to go Dave!!!

Beth said...

That is such great news! I could not believe how much time he was working away from you guys. So hard. I'm way excited for you especially with another baby coming.

One Fish said...

That's great news!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! What wonderfulnews.