Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My little Hadlee

My cute little Hadlee has been up to a lot lately. Last week on Tuesday she finally got her helmet off! Yippee! It was a long 17 weeks but totally worth it. Here head started off at a 11 millimeter difference and ended up at 4! They were aiming for 5 so I was so happy we got all the way to 4. It still is a little flat but nobody can probably notice besides the Dr and me. They said when she is around 12 it will be completely round.

The second great thing is we had physical therapy yesterday and it had been 2 months since the last time and that was the biggest break between sessions, so during the sessions her therapist kept taking notes on her lap top and asking questions about how I felt she was hitting her goals so I was excited thinking maybe she would say  we could go 6 months or something between the next one (just a side note, only a few months ago we had discussed how she would probably go to therapy for a few years just making sure everything was developing correctly) and then she told me there was really no need for us to come back. I started to cry! This past year has been so full of Dr appointments and uncertainty of Hadlee's arm and now she is completely done with it all! No more therapy! No more helmet! No more neurologist! We are just on watch now if she ever has problems with it or can't do a task because of it then we can go back in for some more therapy.
I am so grateful that she is all done and that her arm is nearly perfect and she wont even remember all she has been through to get it that way.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I forgot to tell you that I was so excited that she is all done. YEAH! And don't you love your toddler? I won't even go to the grocery store anymore with her. Ahhhh...pull my hair out!