Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!

Easter was so much fun this year! It was so fun to see Brinlee get into it. She loved every minute of the weekend (minus the car trip down and not sleeping in her own bed) It is our traditon to go to Cedar City and spend Saturday with my family at a Easter Picnic and then come home Sunday and spend dinner with Dave's family. We also color eggs at my Grandmas house that Friday night. I don't care how old I am, I will always do it. I love it! Brinlee didn't help out this year, with her love of putting everything in her mouth and it being past her bed time I decided maybe we will try next year. Don't mind how cute I look in this picture. It had been a long day :)

This year for the picnic we went to a spot by Hurricane that we used to go to when I was little. It was really fun. We decided to set up the picnic in a dried up river bed so the kids could play in the sand and as you can tell from below, they did. Brinlee didn't stop moving the whole time we were there. She loved being able to run around all day I bought her a bucket back in February because I knew she would need one for Easter and I am glad I did. She had a ball! She was covered in sand from head to toe, as a matter of fact I have washed her clothes 3 times and still can't get all the dirt out. I remember my mom saying you could tell who had the most fun by who was the dirtiest, well Brinlee for sure had the most fun. In the last picture she is with her 2nd cousin Gabrielle, they had a good time together.

Oh Brinlee :) She thought she was pretty silly
These are a picture of my carrot treats I made for the picnic. I thought they turned out pretty cute and every one like them so that made me happy.


The Easter bunny comes to visit us at the picnic. He set out eggs for us to find full of candy and some with puzzles pieces so we could put a puzzle together with a message on it to where he hid all our baskets. It is really fun, I think the Easter Bunny used to leave me a basket until I was like 20 :)

This was Easter morning. She had a good time playing with all her treasures:)
These are pictures of Brinlee in her Easter outfit. Since we are usually are traveling on Sunday we usually don't get a chance to go to church, so this year I thought I would get her a outfit instead of a dress. Don't think I am a bad Mom because she is outside with out shoes and a coat in snow. I promise it was really warm.

These pictures crack me up. The first one is that she spotted a dog while she was playing with her dad, and the next one is that she saw the dog again while I was taking the picture. When ever she sees an animal she pulls that face and says "ohhhhhh....baby" It is so funny. The other day we went to Wal-Mart and when the old man greeted us Brinlee looked at him and said it. I was dying laughing. I am glad she though he was cute :)

This was the Easter egg hunt with Dave's family. She was spoiled, she had 3 different egg hunts. Of course she cared more about the fake deer :)

This last picture is a picture with all the Gainer grand kids with Grandma Judy. I can't believe how big they are all getting.I love that we got all the kids to look but Judy isn't :)
I hope everyone had a great Easter!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad Brinlee had so much fun. I bet Trace would have enjoyed the sand too!

Beth said...

Hahaha. My favorite is that she says "ohhhh baby" when she sees animals. Hilarious. Oh and that she said it to the guy at walmart. Looks like Easter was a good time and the weather was decent.

Mom C said...

Easter picnics are just too fun. Some of my kids best memories are with Easter picnics. This year we went up and spent it with jackie and new little Hudson. It was a relaxed, kick back, watch conference, (of course and eat!). Glad you are making most of family traditions!

Love Aunt Debbie

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.