I have learned form this trip to never have any expectations when you travel with children.
We went to Cedar City, like always to spend the 4th with my family. Cedar decided to celebrate the 4th on Monday and since Dave gets off at noon on Fridays we decided to make a long weekend out of it because we needed a vacation. If I only had known what was to come.
Brinlee was a complete angel the way down, sleeps half the time and plays the rest. She loves Grandma Smith and plays wonderful with her the first day. Then I guess it all began with the first skinned knee of the trip.I think she fell another 3 times over the weekend. She fell really hard on the sidewalk and totally skinned them way bad, but with a bandage she is good as new. Then as the night progressed I decided to let her stay up a little bit since we were on vacation and I didn't think she would go to bed at 8. (a little back ground info. She has never been great sleeping somewhere else, but not too bad. Usually is up a few times and ends up sleeping with us) Dave takes her back around 9:30 to lay her down, around 10:30 she comes running out of the room like it was morning, so we went for a drive and she falls asleep. We lay her down in her bed and get ready to go to sleep and she wakes up, and does this every hour on the hour until 7:00 am when we decide we have had enough and get up. Next day she is super grumpy because she didn't sleep (and so were we) and so decides not to eat hardly anything. She naps maybe an hour in the car on the way up to my Grandmas cabin. Night #2 we don't want to keep Grandma up, so we sleep on an air mattress in the living room and Dave in the recliner because he had a horrible allergy attack and couldn't breath. Once again to bed at 11 and she sleeps 2 hours with me on that, then a few with Dave in the chair then til 7 on the floor. Next day she is worst than the last so we spend 2 hours on a drive so she will nap. 3 rd night thankfully she went to bed at around 9 and woke up at 2 and spent a few hours on the couch asleep then back to bed to 7. She is totally grumpy and half asleep all through the celebration on the 4th and sleeps for 20 mins on the way back to Grandmas.We pack up and go home early. Then she doesn't even sleep the ride home til the last hour!
All I can say that if there was any bit of baby hunger in me, I lost it this weekend :) I can not live on no sleep. Want to know what she sleep last night? 7:45pm to 9:00am Talk about a tried baby
火狐体育入口(中国)有限公司-拉科布暗示库汤追恐难终老勇士:交易球员早一年总比晚一年好
3 years ago



4 comments:
Sounds like you had a very eventful weekend. Sometimes kids and traveling DO NOT mix!! I have been there and totally feel your pain.
Oh BUMMER! No sleep is the WORST!!! It's a good thing that girl is so dang cute! ;)
That sounds just like our weekend away for the 4th, Adyson did the same dang thing. She always sleeps for around 13 to 14 hours at home, but not on a trip. By all means, lets wake up every hour and cry..bla..I am sorry you had to go through this as well :)
Ahh bummer. That is always a fear when you take them somewhere. I haven't even done it yet and am dreading it. I can't handle no sleep. Seriously.
Post a Comment