Saturday, September 18, 2010

Race for my Mom


Last Saturday was the Ovarian Cancer 5k at Sugar House Park. It was really neat to be able to go and honor my Mom. Last year we were the only people who had made shirts and it must have been a big hit because everyone made shirts this year. It was neat to see who they were there for. Collette made our shirts this year and she did a really great job.

It was really amazing to see so many people come together for a good cause. Hopefully every year it will get bigger. This year I had the opportunity to be interviewed by the SLC Tribune about my Mom. Unfortunately my interview didn't make the paper but it felt good to be able to tell my Moms story.




3 comments:

damian-kallie said...

I am glad it went well. I was thinking of you. Its nice to do such wonderful things to remember those we love. Love you meg.

Jamie said...

What a great way to honor your mom.

Beth said...

That's so cool that everyone made shirts! I loved your mom and I'm glad the walk is gaining support.