Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines

I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day! I love Valentines. It is one of my very favorite holidays. I have always liked it, even in High School when I was single and everyone else was getting flowers and gifts. I just think it is fun to be able to express your love for everyone if fun ways. I think a big part of it is we celebrated it as a family when I was younger so it wasn't just about romantic love, it was about having love for everything. So here are some pictures from this year.
First of all....as you can tell from below, crafts never work as planned with Brinlee. I always want to do something fun and crafty with her but I guess in a few months it will work better. She thinks everything is food. She would start painting and get the hang of it so I would let go of her arms (I was holding them down so she wouldn't lick it) and as soon as I let go she would just lick her hand. The project didn't last too long because she was pretty mad I wouldn't let her eat it. I guess I will just have to stick to pudding finger paint. But the Valentine turned out cute beside that fact she ate tons of paint :)






These are some pictures of Aunt Ashlee's valentine surprise for Brinlee. Brinlee had seen this dog purse at the store the other day and really wanted it, and Ashlee surprised her with it. She loves it. Thanks Ash!



Dave took me out the weekend before to celebrate so it wouldn't be so busy, so on Saturday night I made a candle lit dinner for Brinlee and him. It was my first time grilling steak and cooking halibut and I think it turned out very good if I say so myself :)

We had a tradition growing up that we would "kick" valentines on the door step. I don't know if many people did that, but what you do is leave it on the porch and ring the door bell and run away. So this is a picture of Brinlee getting her Valentine gift

We got her a tent and some tunnel so she could get all of her energy out on something besides the steps and back of the couch :)

And finally this is her all dressed up for Church on the actual day!


2 comments:

Beth said...

We had a pretty fun valentines day too and I've never really gotten into it until this year! Loved it! I copied your spaghetti idea as well. Good job grilling! You are way more brave than I am.

The Edwards Family said...

Oh my goodness that Valentine Brinlee made is so dang cute! And I love the dinner you made...it looked delicious!!!