Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fat Tuesday X's 2


I have been suffering from a major case of the "feel sorry for myself blues" the last week and that is why I didn't post last week. Lame , I know. I don't know what my deal is, but I am trying hard to get over it. But last week I did pretty good. I lost another 2.5 inches and we started to do my body fat % to make me feel better about not loosing any weight. (Dave borrow the calipers from work). And in 2 weeks I lost 4.5% body fat. That really shocked me.! I don't know if any of you have used those before but I am a huge baby. I hate them. They hurts so bad and he has to take measurements in 4 different spots. And he talks about pinching the skin so the skin and muscle separate and I have such a weak stomach I nearly pass out :) So I stand there with my hands over my eyes and sing while he does it so I don't think about it. But it is worth it if I can see the body % drop off.
This week I lost another 2% body fat and 2 inches. Not too shabby. I have done great at working out, I am really surprised with myself. Usually I am the queen of justifying not doing it but I have pretty much done it 5 days a week since I have started blogging. I am very proud of that. I have been ok with the meal plan. Sometimes I have a hard sticking to it if I am not loosing pounds.
So the new plan is, after talking more to Dave's boss, and it being my 7th week and I have only lost 2 pounds, we have decided to do a drastic diet for a week to see what happens. Sometimes people with thyroid problems have a hard time breaking carbs down, so starting Monday I am going almost completely off of carbs :( Just for a week to see if anything changes. If I do loose weight, then we will adjust my diet to limit some carbs and if it doesn't then I guess we will see whats next. All I can say is you may want to avoid me next week :) I don't think I will be a very happy person:)

2 comments:

Coco said...

I think you look great! Damn that scale, I wish we could all throw it out the window, but I think you look great!

Beth said...

Megan. I am so impressed with you. I was wondering where last weeks post was cause I enjoy reading your updates. You need to call me and tell me what you are specifically doing because I want to get fit again and it sounds like it is working for you. The body fat crap calculations hurts like a mother. One of my friends did it to me in college. And please, I'm pretty sure I would possibly be the biggest "B" ever if I was taken off carbs for a week. Seriously.