Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

So the carb week has begun. It is only Tuesday and I am miserable. I have visions of cookies and wheat thins dancing in my head :) I am hoping that maybe the first 2 days were hard and it will get easier. Carbs are just much more filling than anything else, so I am finding myself to be very hungry, and when I am hungry the last thing I want to go eat is veggies or an egg. But hopefully it is worth it and I will loose some weight.

My dear friend Beth wanted to know excatly what I am doing so I thought I would share. I am working out 5 days a week (6, if I feel crazy on Saturdays). In the mornings I do about 45 mins of cardio depending on what Brinlee allows me to do. I usually do a workout video because we have exercise TV on demand so I usually choose something from that to keep in new and different. Some days I will walk 2 miles outside with Brinlee instead or if she is having a bad day and just wants to watch a cartoon, I will jog or walk in place while she watches one. Then when Dave gets home at night, he will have me do 30 mins of weight training. We usually go non stop to keep my heart rate high. We do a lot of boxing because we have a bag in the basement and I really like it. It seems like a lot but it is nice to split it up into 2 parts. Then I am eating about 1300 calories a day and Dave has a nutrition website through work that we can enter the normal food I would eat and find other foods to go with them to make sure I am getting the right amount of carbs, protein, and fat. It is pretty cool, if anyone is interested I am sure Dave would love to help you with one.

So the past week I lost another 2.25 inches :) and no weight. I decided for my own benfit to make me feel like it is working I am going to keep a running total. So this was week 7 and so far I have lost 19 inches! and 2 lbs. :)

2 comments:

Bekah B. said...

Holy Crap Meg!! I don't know what to say, I am SOOO impressed with you. You know how I hate working you, you are actually motivating me! 19 inches, WOW! Good job, I never knew you were like this! Seriously, so proud of you! (o, and Brinlee is adorable)

AshleeBashlee said...

She is looking great! She is doing a great job keeping modivated! And doing a lot better then me at not eating carbs and I have a disease where I shouldn't eat them! Good job Meggie!