Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th!

We spent the weekend of the 4th in Cedar. We had a really fun day. Saturday we just relaxed and played in my Grandmas big back yard. Then Sunday we decided to spend the day at Sand Hallow. Dave and I had never been and always wanted to go. The only bad thing was that it was 105 degrees and we were a little nervous if we could handle the heat, as long as we stayed in the water we were OK and we only stayed 2 and half hours. We had lots of fun.

When we first stepped in the water there was something swimming around my feet. As I was freaking out trying to get away from it I realized it was a crawdad (which made it worse since they have claws), but Dave thought it was awesome so he caught it and put it in a bucket. Brinlee kept calling it her lobster. I wouldn't let him put it back in the water til we were leaving because I didn't want it back in the water by me :) The picture isn't very clear but there he is.
Here is Brinlee in her 4th gear. My mom always made me and all my cousins outfits for the day so I have tried to keep the tradition with Brinlee. Dave and I have always wanted to get her cowboy boots and when we saw these red ones at Old Navy we thought they would be cute for the 4th.
We went to the parade in the morning. Brinlee is just like me when it comes to loud noises :) We hate them. So she had to have covered during all the fire trucks but she still managed to wave at them :)
Brinlee loved the marching band. She marched along with them.
Then we headed to the park for her annual fish pond. She caught a thing of bubbles and a lei.
Then we headed to Grandma's cabin. Brinlee cousin Gabriell was is town for the 4th. They are only 2 weeks apart. They had fun playing together. Brinlee kept calling her Gabby even though we kept trying to get her to say her real name but Brinlee wouldn't have it. They loved blowing the dandelions with Aunt Cindy.
We only got to spend a couple hours up there because we needed to head back to Salt Lake, but Brinlee didn't waste anytime getting dirty.
We made it back up in time to see the fire works at Thanksgiving point. We just sat on the grass in an office building. Brinlee was really excited to see them until she heard how noisy they were so we watched half on the grass and half in the car :)

It was a really fun weekend!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great way to celebrate the Fourth!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. Brinlee's outfit is so cute, you did a great job on it!

Coco said...

I'm sad we missed it. We had fun but the 4th doesn't feel right unless we are in Cedar City